Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What the heck am I doing this for?

A blog?  Seriously?  You're 45 years old and you want to put your thoughts and opinions out where people can, gasp, comment and give THEIR opinions on YOUR opinions?  Are you CRAZY?  Hasn't the last 20 years taught you anything?

Yeah, I think I am crazy.  But, I do this because I want to write.  I've got stuff stored in my head that needs to get out because it's taking up too much space.  I've been a writer since college, where I wrote absolutely horrifying music and concert reviews with a partner who knew less than me, I think, about music.  (But she was dang good looking!  Oh, to have the priorities of a young man again...)  Oh, and I started but never finished something like 10-12 "novels" during that time as well.  I spent hours working on those things - which, by the way, I found the other day and I spent several minutes horrified by what I thought would be the next greatest thing written back in the day...

Following up with my writing "experience", I worked as a reporter and editor for the local newspaper, have taken writing classes, and even have taught writing to 5th graders for 8 years before becoming a 2nd grade teacher where we write sentences and short paragraphs, lol.  All this, and I'm still just a mediocre writer, haha!  So watch out!  Here comes some of the most bland writing you have EVER read!

Anyways, so after writing yet another rather lengthy "note" on Facebook, I noticed that more and more of my facebook postings were turning into "Notes" instead of "Updates".  I also noticed no one commented on them, haha!  I figured that I needed to find another venue for my "rants".  I also realized several of my friends were starting this "blog" trend.  I figured that instead of just writing those there and boring people to tears, I'd come here and bore a whole NEW set of people to tears!

Honestly, I have no direction with this thing.  I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it.  I don't even know how often I'll write in it.  Being as I'm "older", most will probably sound like rants or negativity.  Just go with it - I'm old!  A befuddled, yet somewhat amusing and handsome old, but still old.  Ish.

So, here goes.  And by the way, if any of you publishers out there that just MIGHT be reading blogs like this - I have a few ideas for novels sitting in my desk - give me a call!  We can do lunch at the Pollyanna.  You'll LOVE it!

3 comments:

  1. It is a great temptation to not succumb to rants and negativity. I have lots of blogger drafts that fit in that category! I personally love blogs about whatever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love the mention of Pollyanna.. hahaha.. wonder why.. ;-) Already know I'm going to enjoy reading your posts AND of course, as a fellow blogger, commenting on them :) because we are opinionated people if nothing else! Blog on, my friend, blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you guys! This is all new to me,so it'll be interesting to see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete