Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wow!

I just this minute found out that my daughter and her boyfriend are getting me a Kindle Fire for Father's Day.  How cool is that?

While I don't like that they spent that much money on me, I can't help but be happy!  I LOVE tech presents!  Hey, my dad loves getting tools for presents, my mom likes salt and pepper shakers, I like tech stuff.  I'm one of those guys that will go out of his way to get something new in technology as soon as I can come close to affording it, but since I already had a tablet, I decided I wasn't going to get this one.

The coolest thing is that my old tablet (a Coby Kyros) rekindled - is this a pun? - my love of reading.  It's so much easier picking up my tablet to read.  Not really sure why, though.  Since I got it around January, I've read around 10 books on it.  Some of which were over 500 pages!  Not a ton, I know, but about 10 more than I've read in the past 6 years.

I can't wait to start reading on my new Kindle!  Does anyone have anything they want to tell me about their Kindle Fires?

No comments:

Post a Comment